California Privacy Notice
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: June 13, 2022
Scope Of Notice
This California Privacy Notice (the "CA Notice") supplements the information contained in our general Privacy Notice and applies solely to individual residents of the State of California ("consumers" or "you").
This CA Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its corresponding regulations, as amended from time to time ("CCPA").
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all terms in this CA Notice have the same meaning as defined in our general Privacy Notice or as otherwise defined in the CCPA.
When we use the term "personal information" in this CA Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. For the purposes of this CA Notice, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to a consumer; and
- Any other data that is exempt from qualifying as personal information under the CCPA.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
We collect personal information from and about consumers for a variety of purposes. To learn more about the types of personal information we collect and how we use this information, please refer to our general Privacy Notice.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information, and as otherwise detailed in our Privacy Notice (hyper-linked above):
- Identifiers, such as your name and email address, identification documentation and its corresponding data;
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your username and password and phone number;
- Commercial Information, from B2B employees, such as products and services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric Information, meaning facial algorithms or their match score in our Acuant Face product (for more information on this, please see our Products Privacy Notice;
- Internet/Network Information, such as device information, logs and analytics data;
- Geolocation Data, meaning your geolocation;
- Professional/Employment Information, such as your job history, professional references, and academic background (for job applicants only);
- Other Personal Information You Provide to Us and our Clients, including information you submit into the feedback form and any communications between you and Acuant, as well as information we receive from social networking sites and any other information you provide to our clients for us to process; and
- Inferences, such as information generated from your interactions or transactions with our clients (which they provide to us) to create risk scores for fraud prevention and regulatory compliance purposes.
We collect this information from the following sources: directly from you, from our business customers to whom you’ve provided your personal information to, from our business partners and affiliates, from your browser or device when you visit our Site or use our Services, or from third parties that you permit to share information with us. Please see the "Our Collection of Personal Information" section of our general Privacy Notice and our Product Privacy Notice for more information about the personal information we collect.
Cookies And Other Technologies
Acuant’s websites and advertisements may use "cookies" and other technologies such as web beacons for a variety of commercial reasons, including the ability to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, based on web searches, for example. For more information on our advertising practices that utilize cookies, please see our Cookie Notice.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information that we have collected about you (subject to certain limitations at law):
The Right to Know
You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or, if applicable, selling the personal information.
The Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales
You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
Please note that Acuant does not sell any personal information that it collects via its products in its capacity as a B2B service provider.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
"Shine the Light"
California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civ. Code §1798.83).
How To Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To Exercise Your Right to Access, Right to Know or Right to Deletion
To exercise your Right to Know or your Right to Deletion, please submit a request by:
- Filling out our California Consumer Rights Request Form; or
- Calling us at: 1 (833) 627-1023
Before processing your request, we will need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of the State of California. In order to verify your identity, we will generally either require the successful authentication of your account, or the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. This process may require us to request additional personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your email address, phone number, and/or date of last interaction with customer service.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales
Please note that Acuant primarily functions as a service provider for its products and services. We do not sell the personal information we collect on consumers via our products and services.
In accordance with the CCPA, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by selecting that option on the webform. If you use an authorized agent, please include written permission that you have designated that agent to make the request, or proof of the agent‘s power of attorney. We may follow up with you to verify your identity before processing your authorized agent’s request or ask you for any additional information that we consider necessary to verify you and/or your authorized agent’s identity.
Minors Under 16
Acuant does not knowingly collect, process, or sell the personal information of consumers less than 16 years of age. Please contact us at email@example.com to inform us if you have reason to believe that Acuant has collected information on an individual under the age of 16.
Updates To This CA Notice
We will update this CA Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this CA Notice, we will change the "Effective Date" at the beginning of this CA Notice. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions in connection with this CA Notice or other privacy-related matters, please use our webform or our toll-free number (+1 (833) 627-1023) to make your request.