General Privacy Notice
- What is Personal Information?
- Our Processing of Customer Data
- Our Collection of Personal Information
- Our Use of Personal Information
- Our Disclosure of Personal Information
- Product-Specific Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
- Updates to This Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
Effective Date: June 13, 2022
Welcome! We are Acuant Inc., delivering omnichannel business-to-business ("B2B") solutions for fast and secure identity verification. This Privacy Notice explains how Acuant, Inc. ("Acuant", "we", "us" or "our") collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information (as defined below) in connection with our website, store.acuant.com (the "Site"), and the related, platform, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through Acuant’s services (collectively, the "Services"). Please note that this Privacy Notice does not address our privacy practices relating to Acuant employees and other personnel.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term "personal information" in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
Our Processing of Customer Data
Our customers are businesses who rely on our services to help them manage and process data relating to the identities of their end users or consumers, which includes personal information, spanning across many geographic regions across the globe. We refer to this type of end user or consumer information as "Customer Data." This means we process Customer Data on behalf of our customers, subject to restrictions set forth in our contracts with them, as their processor or service provider. This Privacy Notice does not cover or address how our customers themselves process Customer Data.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when an individual interacts with our Services and sometimes we collect personal information directly from an individual. At times, we may collect personal information about an individual from other sources and third parties (e.g. from business customers that you’re engaging with or from our data suppliers).
Personal Information Collected from Site Visitors and our B2B Customer Account Holders
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, email address, mailing address, employer, job title, company name, phone number and communication preferences.
- Inquiry Information, that you submit to us via custom messages, forms, or email.
- Account Information, including full name, employer, job title, email address, username and password, profile information, account balances, payment and purchase history information, and any other information you provide to us or our business customers or other third parties. Please note we utilize a third-party service provider to process payments on our behalf.
- Survey Information, including information provided through surveys or testimonials.
- Event Information, including registration information, attendee badge information, and contact information.
Personal Information Automatically Collected for Marketing and Advertising Purposes
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions and site usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our Site, which may include log data (such as internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our Site and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Site), analytics data (such as the electronic path taken to our Site, through our Site and when exiting our Site, as well as usage and activity on our Site) and location data (such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect).
For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see our Cookie Notice.
We also collect personal information about B2B individuals that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information, employment-related information, and interest-in-services information, from various marketing vendors. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly. We use this information to contact individuals, to send advertising or promotional materials or to personalize our Services and to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact.
Personal Information from our Customers/Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically on behalf of our business customers or directly from an individual, as part of the processing that we conduct as service providers for our customers.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Your Employer / Company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or company, we may receive your information from your employer or company.
- Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners who offer our Services via their own products and/or services.
- Social Media: The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as survey and marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect.
- Verification Information, including passport and identification documentation data, images, biometric facial data, inferences from your transactions with our customers in order to prevent fraud or for regulatory compliance, etc. Please see our "Product-Specific Information" section below for more information.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations, to perform our Services, and to process transactions;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Market or communicate with B2B individuals;
- Request individuals provide feedback about our organization, partners, and Services;
- Administer, improve and personalize our Services;
- Process payment for our Services via our third-party service provider;
- Facilitate client benefits and services, including customer support through our command center services;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use our Site and Services;
- Conduct research and analytics on our client base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our client base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, develop new Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property, Services, technology assets and business;
- Evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process, if you are applying for employment.
- Defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Prevent, investigate, or provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
For more information on the personal data that we collect or process in providing our products and services, please see our section on "Product Specific Information" below.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by Acuant, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Acuant.
- Your Employer / Company: If you interact with our Services through your employer or company, we may disclose your information to your employer or company.
- Survey Providers: We share personal information with third parties who assist us in delivering our survey offerings and processing the responses.
- Marketing Providers: We may coordinate and share personal information with our marketing providers in order to communicate with individuals about the Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers: We may share personal information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with individuals that submit inquiries.
- Other Service Providers: We may also engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, employment application-related services, cloud hosting services, payment processing services and administrative services.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with such corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Products and Services: We may disclose personal information about an individual in order to provide our products and services to our business clients. For more information on this, please see our "Product-Specific Information" section, below.
- Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Site or other publications.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional information relating to the processing of personal information through specific products that we offer. Please refer to our Product Privacy Notice for additional information on our products and services.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional information relating to the processing of personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for additional information that may be applicable to you:
- Nevada: If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, you may opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. We do not currently sell covered information, but please contact us on our webform to submit such a request.
- California: If you are a resident of the State of California in the U.S., please see our US Privacy Notice for additional California-specific privacy information.
- European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland: If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), United Kingdom ("UK") or Switzerland, or otherwise engage with our European operations, please see the European Privacy Notice for additional European-specific privacy information, which applies to you.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, all such changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Attn: Privacy Department
2018 Powers Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30339